A CALL FOR SOLIDARITY AND DONATIONS
KLIT: A Queer Feminist Community Space, Sex Shop, and Bookstore project by the Radical Queer Affinity Collective (Budapest, Hungary)
Our collective recently received a small amount of funding to start a queer feminist space in Budapest, which will open this fall. This is the first project of its kind in this city, and we need your help! At this stage, we are primarily asking for donations of books and other materials (more details below). We are committed to transnational networking and support, and we especially want to establish connections with local and regional collectives, associations, and organizations which share at least some of our main objectives.
Who are we?
We are an activist group based in Budapest; our work centers around feminist, queer and trans issues. The main aim of our collective is to use grassroots instruments such as direct action, workshops and political art to address mainstream sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia in Hungary. We also strive to challenge issues of homonormativity, homonationalism, transphobia, and hierarchical structures within the mainstream LGBT movement here.
Tell me more about this project!
● It is non-profit.
● It will be a feminist resource center and library. Some books and sex toys will also be available
● We plan to organize creative, activism-focused workshops that will cover topics such as
sexual pleasure and safety, self-defence, DIY sex toys, HIV/AIDS, and STIs.
● We strive to always critically consider the intersectional nature of oppression.
● Above all, we want to build a community space that provides a safe setting for feminist and queer collective organizing – these things we recognize as much needed in this wave of growing conservatism.
We are asking for donations of:
● Books and feminist journals
● Zines and comics
● Sex toys, materials to make DIY sex toys, lubes and other essentials
● Condoms: external and internal; gloves
● Strap-ons and harnesses
● Binders and Packers
● Alternative menstrual devices
● Vinyls, CDs, cassettes
● Paintings, posters, postcards
● Stickers, pins, gadgets
● Leaflets from your own projects/initiatives!
If you would like to donate to us directly or if have any questions about KLIT, please write to us:
For more information about who we are and what we do, find us at:
Lastly, do write to us if you are interested in cooperating, exchanging information and experiences, visiting, co-organizing an event or two, or if you would just like to get in touch!
the radical queer affinity collective
pdf version: RQAC Call for Donations – General